Embrace the future
With hundreds of millions of people going online daily to use social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+, newspaper publishers worldwide have many opportunities to connect with their readers throughout the day.
In this session, we will discuss how publishers can boost the reach of their editorial content, use social media to strengthen the relationship between readers as well as how to use social media to reach new and younger audiences. We will also address one of the biggest questions of all: How can we make money with social media? These and other issues are guaranteed to make for a lively discussion about one of today’s hottest media topics.
The keynote speech “Social Media – the silver bullet in media?” will be delivered by Maha Abouelenein, Head of Communications - MENA, Global Communications & Public Affairs, Google, Dubai, UAE. Also speaking at this session is Major Steadman, Digital Director, Saatchi & Saatchi, Dubai, UAE
- Major Steadman, Digital Director for Saatchi & Saatchi in Dubai
- Maha Abouelenein, Google’s Head of Communications for the Middle East and North Africa
- Pascal Zemp, Project Leader for Business Development Technology at Swiss-based Ringier
- Chew Kai Kim, Vice President for Materials, Quality Control/Process at Singapore Press Holdings
- Anders Berglund, Sales Director at Aftonbladet Hierta in Sweden
- Larry Kilman, Deputy CEO & Executive Director of Communications and Public Affairs of WAN-IFRA
- Thomas Jacob, Deputy CEO of WAN-IFRA and Managing Director of its Singapore-based Asian subsidiary
- David Butter, the CEO and Founder of David Butter Consulting in the United Kingdom
- Ulrik Haagerup, Executive Director for News at the Danish Broadcasting Corporation
- Dr. Abdul Aziz Bin Mulhem, Assistant Deputy Minister in the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Culture and Information,
- Khaled Aly Soliman, Group CEO of Galadari Brothers Co. LLC in Dubai, and other speakers to be announced, in a panel discussion on “Investment in Human Capital.”
- Aralynn McMane, Executive Director for Young Readership Development at WAN-IFRA
- Randy Covington, Director of the WAN-IFRA Newsplex at the University of South Carolina,
- Lara Ayoub, Portal Manager at United Jordan Press, Magda Abu-Fadil, Director of Media Unlitmited in Lebanon, and other speakers to be announced, in a panel discussion on “The Marriage of Print and Digital.”
- Amandeep Singh Khurana, Chief Operating Officer of Madison Media Plus in India
- Manfred Janssens, Production Manager of Pergroup’s printing facility in Lokeren, Belgium
- Manfred Werfel, Deputy CEO & Executive Director of Newspaper Production for WAN-IFRA
Full details can be found here.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Dubai!
Director Middle East
Coordinator Middle East Conference